The Women’s Health Clinic specializes in services for women of all ages and through all phases of life. Key services include:
Annual well woman visits
Management of abnormal PAP tests
Birth control counseling - options include prescriptions, intra uterine device insertion,Nexplanon insertion injections or surgery
Testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections
Infertility evaluations and treatment
Management of menstrual irregularities, menopausal transitions and hormonal issues
Breast evaluation and issues
Evaluation and treatment of gynecologic infections and other gynecologic conditions
Outpatient surgery for the diagnosis and treatment of various gynecologic conditions
We serve active duty service members, family members and retired service members and their families enrolled in TRICARE Prime. TRICARE Select will be considered if space is available for self-referral appointments. Space available appointments are not scheduled in advance, but are scheduled the day of an open appointment slot. Tricare Select with a referral can schedule an appointment at any time
Nurse Practitioner appointments do not require a referral; however, Physician appointments do require a referral.
Pregnancy tests and injections are by appointment. Once a pregnancy is established, a referral will be placed to 633d Medical Group, Langley Air Force Base, Hampton, VA for continuing care.
To schedule an appointment, please login to TRICARE Online or call the Hampton Roads Appointment Center (HRAC) at 1-866-645-4584.
Mon - Fri: 6 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Sat, Sun and Holidays: 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
To cancel an appointment please go to TRICARE Online and access the Appointment Center. McDonald Army Health Center requires that beneficiaries cancel 24 hours prior to your appointment.
Don't Be a no-show!
McDonald Army Health Center wants your help in reducing the number of "No Shows". Patients who miss appointments or arrive late by 10 minutes or more to their scheduled appointments are considered "No Shows". "No Shows" limit the number of available appointments. The Health Center request that beneficiaries cancel at least 24 hours prior to your appointment.
1. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to scheduled appointment with a valid ID card and your compliance card. You will be asked to verify your name and date of birth to ensure compliance with National Patient Safety Standards.
2. Bring any records in your possession from other facilities that pertain to your appointment.
3. You will be asked to supply contact information such as phone number, mailing address and email address, so we are able to reach you with pertinent details from your visit if necessary.
4. .Information about a patient will only be released to that patient, unless a Release of Information has been completed.
5. According to the Code of Virginia 54.1-2969, a minor is viewed as an adult for: a. the purpose of consenting to medical or health services needed to determine the presence of or to treat a sexually transmitted infection or any infectious or contagious disease which requires mandatory reporting to the State Board of Health or b. medical services required for birth control, pregnancy and family planning, except for purposes of sterilization.
6. Please turn off all cell phones while in the clinic.
7. The clinic does not provide walk-in pregnancy testing, walk-in birth control refills or walk-in injections.
8. Please do not bring children to the clinic. This is for the health and safety of your child. We will work with you to schedule convenient appointment times. Also, consider the Child Development Center on the installation. To register for hourly care call 757-878-4025.
9. You may receive a Joint Outpatient Experience Survey (JOES) in the mail following your appointment. Please take a moment to complete the survey. The information you provide is valuable and will help us to improve and better serve everyone.
Once a positive pregnancy test is documented, a referral will be placed to the Referral Management department. They will then contact you to direct you to the appropriate OB provider. During your pregnancy, all non-pregnancy related issues require a PCM appointment. The Women’s Health Clinic will resume care during the post-partum period. Pregnancy related profiles need to be obtained from your PCM or Obstetrician.
The clinic requires an appointment for pregnancy testing, however, walk-in pregnancy testing is available on the third floor in the Family Health Clinic.
8. .Please do not bring children to the clinic. This is for the health and safety of your child. We will work with you to schedule convenient appointment times. Also, consider the Child Development Center on the installation. To register for hourly care call 757-878-4025.
1. Please follow the guidelines above when scheduling appointments. Even if you have seen one of our physicians in the past, it may not be necessary for every visit.
2. If you are seeing a physician as a follow up for laboratory or radiology tests completed at another facility, please bring them with you to your appointment. Various scans, radiologic exams and colposcopy results will not be discussed over the telephone, but by appointment only.
3. Following surgical procedures please follow up with the provider who performed the procedure.
1. The newest guidelines state that PAP tests are not to be done prior to the age of twenty-one (21). Our clinic acknowledges the latest national guidelines. Active duty must follow current military guidelines.
2. The following should be avoided at least 2 days before a scheduled Pap: tampons, douches, vaginal jellies, sexual intercourse, deodorant sprays, vaginal creams or medications. Do not schedule a Pap during your menstrual cycle. It is best to schedule the test 10-20 days after the first day of your last cycle.
3. Test results can take up to 4–8 weeks to receive and you will be notified by mail for normal results
4. Please follow the recommendation of your provider for pap frequency and schedule appointments accordingly. Appointments may be cancelled if scheduled outside the established parameters.
1. Depo-Provera and Lupron injections are given by appointment only from 8:00 – 11:00 and 13:00 – 15:00 on select days. Please call the clinic at 314-7606 to schedule your appointment.
2. A current order must be verified.
3. A negative pregnancy test, if ordered, must be within 24 hours of the injection.
4. There must be valid documentation of a previous injection if given in a series. All injections outside the due date will require an additional negative pregnancy test within 24 hours of the injection.
5. If you are beginning a Depo-Provera injection series and it is your first time, you must be on your menstrual cycle and have a negative pregnancy test within 24 hours of the injection.
6. If the network system is down, it is not always possible to verify all the necessary information in order to proceed with the injection. In such a case, your appointment may need to be rescheduled.
7. Depo-Provera will only be administered if ordered by a provider in our clinic.
8. All injections administered require a 15 minute wait time following the injection to note any side effects or reactions.
1. Walk-in birth control refill appointments will no longer be done in the clinic.
2. Please remember to save your refill information for the refill pharmacy in order to avoid unnecessary visits.
3. Please see your primary care physician for all non GYN related refills.
4. Birth control cannot be done via the telephone or mail.
1. Once determined an IUD or Nexplanon is the birth control of choice, your provider will place a referral.
2. If deemed necessary, you will then report to the lab and have a pregnancy test completed no more than 24 hours prior to your procedure. If you have this completed the same day of your appointment, please arrive at the laboratory at least 1½ hours prior to your scheduled appointment.
When meeting with your physician, you will be given a surgery date. You may need to make a pre-op appointment with your surgeon if your visit is more than 30 days prior to your surgery date. Please request any forms or letters needed by your employer, such as FMLA, leave forms or profiles at this time. After your physician appointment, please call 757-314-7744 to schedule your pre-op screening appointment. At this appointment you will review paperwork, sign consents, and receive education and instructions. Please call 757-314-7744 with any questions.
The actual surgical procedure will now be performed at USAF Langley Hospital by your provider here in the Women’s Health Clinic. All initial and follow-up appointments will be in the Women’s Health Clinic at McDonald Army Health Center.
Mon - Fri: 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Third Thursday Closure of every month from 12:00 – 16:30
Closed for all Holidays
575 Jefferson Ave Ft. Eustis, VA 23604